Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: IRC-only policy...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member crystalgryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2003
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Reikou Hitakana:
    And if ppl can't use IRC, that just means they didn't try hard enough to figure it out. I'm always willing to help ppl to learn.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Um, no, it may easily mean that there's a firewall that isn't under their control blocking a needed port. Or that they're accessing S-C.net using a public computer that doesn't have IRC software installed. Or . . . Well, you get the idea. It really, really annoys me when people assume that the only reason someone isn't using IRC is that they can't figure out how--there are *VALID* *TECHNICAL* reasons why it might be impossible for someone.

    (And no, I'm not going to discuss why I don't use IRC myself--suffice to say that, given that I could *write* an IRC client if I wanted to, it doesn't have anything to do with not being able to figure out the software.)

    (All that being said, Crisis et al. have a right to release things in any bloody way they please. They're the ones doing the work.)

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yow. That is bad. I remember my high school technically had the same rules. We just ignored them and they never actually enforced them. Probably because those of us who did it knew way the hell more about the computers than those who were supposedly supposed to enforce the rules [img]tongue.gif[/img] As for the 33.6 issue....I used to download anime on my 33.6 and that wasn't pretty, so believe me, I understand.

    -Reikou

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ChaosVince's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello! I'm a very new member, and the only reason I signed up at this time (I had been wanting to for some while) was because I wanted to figure out how to use IRC. So many manga sites have switched to using IRC only, and when I saw that S-C.net was also getting in on it I knew I had to learn. When I tried to download Mirc though it kept giving me some sort of error. Would it be okay to use some other client and still be able to get to your server?? Is it even a server I'm trying to get to?
    Anyway, I'm sure it would help a great many user if you did help us a little to understand IRC (I know its not your job and there are sites explaining it, but to me (and others I'm sure) it's written in some wierd computer language!)
    Thank you so much for all your hard work! I really admire people like you.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    {insert random tangent mode}

    Somehow, for some reason, I first read your nick as Grey ASHtray and my brain keeps trying to revert to that... I'm sorry! Poke me if I type that by accident sometime, just warning you in advance that my mental wiring sometimes does weird connections like that and doesn't want to let go. (I also tend to swap the words purple and green sometimes; don't know why... but I'm fine with directions so you don't have to worry if I'm driving you somewhere, in the somewhat profoundly unlikely event that might ever happen... ^^;;; [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member ChaosVince's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...that would completely change the meaning, but I can see how it could happen! Grey Ashtray sounds like a K.D. Lang song...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •